Hart Hotels COVID-19 Message to our Guests
As COVID-19 restrictions are lifted in the Northeast, Hart Hotels and The Harbor Hotel Collection will be maintaining many of the new systems and protocols put in place for guest safety. These procedures follow Centers of Disease Control (CDC) guidelines and demonstrate our ongoing commitment to protecting guest safety, while upholding the luxury experience for which our AAA Four-Diamond hotels are known.
Hart Hotels and Harbor Hotel Collection properties have always maintained an average Guest Survey score of 98% when it comes to cleanliness. Those high standards for maintaining meticulous guest rooms and public spaces remain a hallmark of the brand today.
What follows is an overview of safety precautions and amenities that guests will experience at Harbor Hotels during their visit with us.
- Guests should utilize front doors to enter the Hotel.
- The same rules (above) apply to all guests when walking through the building
- Hand sanitizer stations are located near the entrance, and guests are asked to sanitize their hands before proceeding further.
- Bell service will be provided upon request. Carts will be sanitized often. Bellman will ride in a separate elevator and will not enter the room.
It is still advisable for Guests to distance themselves a minimum of six feet from anyone that is not traveling with them.
Hand sanitizer stations have been added to various locations of the property. Guests and employees should use hand sanitizer upon entering any facility and after touching contact surfaces.
- Housekeeping staff has increased cleaning frequencies of button panels throughout the day.
- No more than four guests per elevator (unless they are in the same family group).
- Cleaning and sanitizing protocols are used to clean guest rooms, with particular attention paid to high-touch items including television remote controls, toilet seats and handles, hair dryer, door and furniture handles, water faucet handles, nightstands, telephones, in-room control panels, light switches, temperature control panels, alarm clocks, luggage racks and flooring.
- Daily housekeeping will continue to be suspended for guests staying 4 days or less. Towels will be left outside the room on request.
- Guests may request daily housekeeping which will be scheduled for a time when they're not in the room.
- Turndown service remains suspended
Public Spaces and Communal Areas
- The frequency of cleaning and sanitizing has been increased in all public spaces with an emphasis on frequent contact surfaces including, but not limited to, front desk check-in counters, bell desks, elevators and elevator buttons, door handles, public bathrooms, room keys and locks, ATMs, stair handrails, fitness center equipment, business center equipment, swimming pool area and furnishings, coffee and beverage stations, dining surfaces and seating areas.
- Swimming pool water is sanitized Insuring correct levels of Chemical treatments three times a day, every day.
- Fitness rooms and equipment will be cleaned and sanitized three times a day every day with sanitizer solution and paper towels made available for all guests.
Restaurants and Bars and In-Room Dining
- Restaurant and bar will adjust for seating capacities as the rules change per CDC guidelines.
- Plastic covered menus are being used so that they can be sanitized after each use.
- Alfresco patio dining areas where available and weather permitting.
- Room service orders will be left outside the guest room.
Employee & Guest Health
The health and safety of our guests and employees is paramount and will continue to be the main priority of Harbor Hotels.
Employees will be screened for temperature, if they are exhibiting symptoms of illness.
Any employee that feels ill, must remain home. Those who may have been exposed to COVID-19 must quarantine themselves for 10 days prior to returning to work.
Employee & Guest Health Concerns
Employees are instructed to contact a manager if they notice a coworker or guest with a cough, shortness of breath, or other signs of COVID-19. They have been given clear instructions on how to respond swiftly and report all presumed cases of COVID-19 on property to appropriate health authorities. We will be ready to provide support to our guests.
Room Recovery Protocol
In the event of presumptive case of COVID-19, the guest's room will be removed from service and quarantined. The guest room will not be returned to service until the case has been confirmed or cleared. In the event of a positive case, the room will only be returned to service after undergoing an enhanced sanitization protocol and locked down for 24 hours.
Kindly note, hotel amenities and safety modifications may vary across our locations and are subject to change at any time.
For any questions regarding upcoming reservations, please contact our reservations department:
Watkins Glen Harbor Hotel: 607-535-6116
1000 Islands Harbor Hotel: 315-686-1100
Chautauqua Harbor Hotel: 716-489-2800
As our communities continue to heal from this unprecedented event, Our Harbor Hotel family looks forward to welcoming you and your loved ones very soon!